Who we are
Find a Grant and Apply for a Grant are digital services run by the Cabinet Office (‘we’). Its purpose is to bring together information from across Government to make it easier for users to search and apply for grants.
As we decide how your data will be collected and processed, we are the ‘data controller’.
Why our use of your personal data is lawful
Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller. In this case that is for government departments to streamline the grant application process and facilitate due diligence.
For notifications and for Find a grant to contact you via email to invite you to user research sessions, we will only do so if you have given us consent. This is known as data subject consent.
The personal data we collect
The personal data we may collect from you includes:
- email address
- telephone number
Why we need your data
We collect your email address in order to:
- notify you regarding changes to grants you are following
- notify you about new grants that match your saved search criteria
- notify that you have unsubscribed from our mailing lists (should you choose to do so)
- notify you about approaching deadlines for the grants you are following
- to keep you updated with changes to the system
- to invite you to user research if you have given us consent to contact you
- to match One Login users to existing accounts and transfer existing account information
- to understand how long it takes to complete a transaction on the service
- to notify you regarding your grant application
We may collect your name, telephone number and address in order to:
- reduce the number of times this information is required to be input manually within grant applications
- to allow due diligence checks to be run on the information provided
We also use Google Analytics to collect information about how you use Find a grant and Apply for a grant. You can find out more by reading our cookie preferences.
How long we keep your data
We will keep your email address until:
- the grant you are following closes
- you unsubscribe from the notification
- it has been 7 years since you gave us your email address
Who has access to your personal data?
Links to other websites
Find a grant contains links to other websites.
This privacy notice only applies to Find a grant, and does not cover other government services and transactions that we link to. These services, such as One Login, have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to GOV.UK from another website
- You have the right to request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data.
- You have the right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay.
- You have the right to request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement.
- You have the right to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed.
- You have the right in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where it is processed for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to request a copy of any personal data you have provided, and for this to be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
As your personal data is stored on our IT infrastructure, and shared with our data processors, it may be transferred and stored securely outside the UK. Where that is the case it will be subject to equivalent legal protection through an adequacy decision or reliance on Standard Contractual Clauses.
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator.
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Any complaint to the Information Commissioner is without prejudice to your right to seek redress through the courts.
The data controller for your personal data is the Cabinet Office.
The contact details for the data controller are:
Telephone: 0207 276 1234
London SW1A 2AS
The contact details for the data controller’s Data Protection Officer are:
The Data Protection Officer provides independent advice and monitoring of Cabinet Office’s use of personal information.